A child dedication service is actually parent commitment service. It is a promise by the parents to offer their child to the Lord and dedicate themselves to the raising of the child for the glory of God.
Harvest Bible Chapel encourages parents to publicly dedicate their children to the Lord. In dedicating their child, the parents acknowledge the child as a gift from God, vow before Him and the congregation to set a godly example for the child, and ask the congregation to prayerfully support their family.
- Parents are acknowledging their child as a gift from God (Psalm 127:3-5).
- Parents are publicly declaring their intention to raise their child in such a way that they are given an opportunity to know God and to establish a personal relationship with Christ (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, Ephesians 6:4).
- Parents are affirming their total dependence upon the Lord (John 15:5).
- Parents are asking family, friends and the church community to prayerfully support and hold them accountable to these commitments (Hebrews 10:24-25).
Steps for Child Dedication
- Dedicating parent(s) attend Discover Harvest.
- Dedicating parent(s) attend and successfully complete Harvest Essentials.
- Dedicating parent(s) please fill out the form below.
The dedication service will include a verse chosen and read by you for your child. The church will join in prayer for you and your child to support you and encourage you through the years of parenthood.
Finally, you will be presented with a certificate to serve as a reminder of this special day as well as a letter addressed to your child that they can open of their twelfth birthday. Some parents wish to write their own. (Please let us know what you would prefer.)