Harvest Muskoka offers training to those in our church as well as counsellors, pastors, ministry directors in other Churches within Harvest Bible Fellowship and beyond.
Becoming a Biblical Soul Care Counsellor
A counsellor is an uncommon leader who has Godly character, genuine commitment, and growing competence with the ability to influence, equip, and care for others.
What You Can Do Now
- Serve as an Advocate (contact Pastor Lee)
- Serve as a Small Group Leader or Apprentice (Contact Tim Beckett)
- Get more information on advocacy here
- Pray for our ministry: our pastors, counsellors, counselees, and advocates
- Serve as an office volunteer for Biblical Soul Care
At Harvest Bible Chapel, Biblical Soul Care Counsellors are:
- Growing in maturity in his/her walk with Christ
- Demonstrate an eagerness to be equipped for ministry
- Desire to continually be equipped for ministry
Below is a list of courses and reading requirements we ask that all prospective counsellors take in order to start serving as a counsellor.
NOTE: While the Uncommon Leadership 101-301 courses are for every leader in the church, we ask that all counsellors complete Uncommon Leadership 501 before counselling on a formal basis.
Uncommon Leadership 101
- Available for anyone to take
- Basic Biblical Soul Care skills and tools to be used within the small group context
Uncommon Leadership 201
- Available for small group leaders and apprentice small group leaders
- How the Gospel impacts discipleship, identity in Christ, etc.
Uncommon Leadership 301
- Available for small group leaders and flock leaders
Uncommon Leadership 501
- Available by invitation of a Pastor, Family Leader or Elder only